FIND THE BEST THERAPISTS AND DIETITIANS
Dr. Lisa Germeroth, Ph.D.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Habit Reversal Training (HRT)
About Lisa Germeroth
Dr. Germeroth is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with advanced training in clinical health psychology. She received her Master of Arts and Ph.D. degrees from the APA-accredited Clinical Psychology Program at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York. While there, she conducted research examining correlates and determinants of eating behaviors associated with overweight and obesity, and cigarette smoking in adults. Dr. Germeroth has extensive experience in health behavior research and has served as a researcher and clinician on NIH-funded trials examining novel intervention approaches for weight management and smoking cessation.
Dr. Germeroth’s background in health behavior research strongly informs her clinical work, which is focused on providing evidence-based treatment personalized to each client’s unique needs. Dr. Germeroth primarily uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in her work with clients. Emphasis is placed on better understanding the relationship between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors and identifying ways in which one can experience greater fulfillment and quality of life. Dr. Germeroth considers herself a positive psychologist focused on embracing clients’ strengths to help them fulfill their goals and desires, and live a more valued and meaningful life focused on the present moment. She helps empower patients to develop skills aimed at sustained change. Above all, Dr. Germeroth works to build a relationship of warmth and trust with clients that is collaborative in nature.
Dr. Germeroth completed her pre-doctoral clinical internship at the APA-accredited Charleston Consortium with the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center and her postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh. She has worked at the following clinical and research sites:
- University at Buffalo Division of Behavioral Medicine
- University at Buffalo QUIT Smoking Clinic
- MUSC Weight Management Center
- MUSC Behavioral Medicine Clinic
- MUSC Center for Drug and Alcohol Problems
- Ralph H. Johnson Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- University of Pittsburgh Health Behavior Research Group
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology, Obesity Medicine Program
To make an appointment with Dr. Germeroth, call us today at 571.328.7408, Ext. 0 or contact us via our Contact Form.