FIND THE BEST THERAPISTS AND DIETITIANS
Dr. Cathy Webster, Psy.D.
Accepting new patients
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Habit Reversal Training (HRT)
- Comprehensive Behavioral (ComB) Treatment Model for Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors
About Cathy Webster
Dr. Webster is a licensed clinical psychologist with extensive clinical training and experience in the evidence-based treatment of anxiety disorders such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Specific Phobias (e.g. emetaphobia, claustrophobia, fear of flying), Social Anxiety, Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors (e.g., trichotillomania, excoriation) and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). She also treats mood disorders, adjustment to life stressors, and impulse control and emotion regulation disorders (including parent skills training and support). She serves children, adolescents, adults and families in community and hospital-based settings. Dr. Webster utilizes evidence-based interventions including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Exposure Response Prevention (ERP), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Habit Reversal Training (HRT) as well as parenting skills and support in managing and decreasing problematic behaviors and emotion regulation difficulties in children.
Dr. Webster’s approach to therapy is collaborative, active, and creative. She believes therapeutic alliance and trust are essential. Her clinical style supports broaching difficult and sensitive issues in a way that can be productive as she carefully attends to the relationship and aims to use a light touch with charged content. She strives to better understand your strengths, struggles, and goals within your cultural context and value-system to inform your treatment plan and approach.
Dr. Webster received her Psy.D. from the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University in New York City. She completed her internship at University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry (URMC) in Rochester, NY. She has worked at the following sites:
- Chicago Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Center, Chicago, IL
- University of Rochester Medical Center Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Inpatient Unit, Rochester, NY
- University of Rochester Medical Center Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services, Rochester, NY
- University of Rochester Medical Center Crisis Intervention Services Program, Rochester, NY
- Project Second Try, Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Maimonides Medical Center Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Services, Brooklyn, NY
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Child and Family Support Program, New York, NY
- Max and Celia Parnes Family Psychological and Psychoeducational Services Clinic, Bronx, NY
To make an appointment with Dr. Webster, call us today at 571.328.7408, Ext. 0 or contact us via our Contact Form.