FIND THE BEST THERAPISTS AND DIETITIANS
Dr. Trevor Dunn, Ph.D.
Accepting new patients
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Relational-Cultural Therapy (RCT)
- Integrative Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
About Trevor Dunn
Trained as a counseling psychologist, Dr. Trevor Dunn provides evidence-based, culturally centered therapy to adolescents (16+), young adults, and adults in Washington DC and Virginia, and other PSYPACT states. Using warmth and empathy, he helps clients examine and reflect on their lives, and move in the direction of their goals and values. He draws upon clients' strengths to help them develop new perspectives and gain skills, such as mindfulness, self-compassion, and grounding.
Dr. Dunn tailors scientifically-supported counseling approaches to the unique situation of each client. Operating from a relational perspective, he uses treatments that focus on enhancing clients’ ability to form meaningful connections, foster authenticity, and develop self-empathy. When appropriate, he situates clients’ personal issues within the broader cultural context, such as highlighting the impact of societal notions of gender or experiences of marginalization.
With extensive clinical experience, Dr. Dunn has worked in a variety of settings. He has provided individual and group therapy at university counseling centers, domestic violence centers, and inpatient substance use treatment centers. Dr. Dunn was also a psychology professor, publishing research in peer-reviewed journals on LGBTQ+ and gender issues in the U.S. and Brazil.
He earned his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, and his M.A. in Counseling and Student Personnel Psychology at the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities. Throughout his doctoral and master’s-level training, Dr. Dunn worked as a therapist at the following sites:
- Counseling and Mental Health Center- University of Texas at Austin (2017-2018)
- Family Justice Center, Knoxville, TN (2016-2017)
- Cornerstone of Recovery, Knoxville, TN (2015-2016)
- Student Counseling Center, University of Tennessee-Knoxville (2014-2015)
- University Counseling and Consulting Services, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (2012-2013)
To make an appointment with Dr. Dunn, call us today at 571.328.7408, Ext. 0 or contact us via our Contact Form.